Building an audit plan 𝒾𝓃sight
According to the IPPF (International Professional Practices Framework) standard on ‘Planning’, “The chief audit executive must establish a risk-based plan to determine the priorities of the internal audit activity, consistent with the organization’s goals.” This one-day training delivered by QAA will examine the best practices and processes for building a ‘value-added audit plan’.
This QAA course presents the IPPF’s standard for building an audit plan, as part of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, as well as the roles and responsibilities of the internal audit activities. Our course defines the content of an audit universe, before explaining how to set up your own audit universe. There is a discussion of the process of the audit risk assessment based on business objectives, the methods and practical approaches as well as the reliance on other functions’ risk assessment. Depending on risks, priorities and audit resources, the activities leading to determination of the audit plan’s engagement list are explained.
- Audit managers and auditors involved in the audit risk assessment and planning activities,
- CAEs (chief audit executives) responsible for the audit plan.
This advanced course requires participants to have a basic internal audit or IT audit experience.
Monique Garsoux, internal audit professional and an expert in audit methodologies and techniques.
The standard course lasts 1 day and it can be tailored to your specific requirements.
- Continuing Professional Education: 7 CPE hours.
- Course level: This course corresponds to level 2 "Understanding" on the 6 level scale of Bloom's taxonomy, a hierarchy used to classify educational levels.
- References: IIA Belgium.
- We can coach your staff in this audit planning.
- We would welcome the opportunity to make you a tailored offer.