Audit recommendation follow-up ⦿𝒾𝓃sight
As required by the Performance Standard of IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, internal auditors “must establish a process to monitor and ensure that management and improvement actions have been effectively implemented or that senior management has accepted the risk of not taking action.” The objective of a follow-up audit is to assess how well responsible managers have implemented the recommendations made in the completed internal audits engagements.
In this QAA course, the follow-up audit will be facilitated by generating appropriate ‘value-added recommendations’ as part of the audit engagements. Important considerations include how to write recommendations, how to cooperate with the auditees, and how to sell these recommendations.
Within the follow-up audit process, the roles and responsibilities, monitoring of the progress of the agreed actions, required resources and reporting are all discussed.
- Internal auditors,
- IT/IS auditors,
- Audit managers,
- CAEs (chief audit executives).
This training for advanced participants requires a basic knowledge of audit methodology.
Monique Garsoux, internal audit professional and an expert on audit methodologies and techniques.
The standard course lasts 1 day and it can be tailored to your specific requirements.
- Continuing Professional Education: 7 CPE hours
- Course level: This course corresponds to level 3 "Applying" on the 6 level scale of Bloom's taxonomy, a hierarchy used to classify educational levels.
- References: IIA Belgium.
- We can coach your staff in the follow-up of audit recommandations.
- We would welcome the opportunity to make you a tailored offer.