Audit of business processes and applications combined* ℗ractice
Digitisation has accelerated the automation of business processes. This has made our lives easier in many ways, but the underlying technology also brings new risks. Companies that want to have and maintain control over digitisation must be able to identify those risks and, where necessary, tackle them.
This course teaches you how to integrate IT and digital risks in the audits that you perform on existing business processes. You will learn how IT and digital risks can influence those processes and how you can identify and tackle them.
You will learn, through practical examples, how to perform a combined business IT audit in a risk-based audit approach. You will also learn about the consequences IT and digital risks can have for organisations and how you can best deal with those consequences. It goes without saying that you will be provided with all the tricks and techniques to perform IT audits properly and according to the latest insights.
This training is based on an extensive case study.
- Internal auditors who deal with automated business processes,
- IS/IT auditors,
- Digital auditors,
- IT staff who want to learn about the combined audit of processes and application systems.
This advanced training requires a basic knowledge of IT and audit skills. The ‘Introduction to IT Audit’ (link) training is highly recommended.
- Monique Garsoux, internal audit professional and an expert in audit methodologies and techniques.
- Patrick Soenen, professional in risk management, audit and IT.
The standard training lasts 2 days and can of course be adapted to your requirements.
IIA Belgium organises the training on 4th and 5th May. See their website for the conditions
- Continuing Professional Education: 14 CPE hours.
- Course level : This course corresponds to level 3 "Applying" on the 6 level scale of Bloom's taxonomy, a hierarchy used to classify educational levels.
- References: IIA Belgium.
- We can coach your staff in the combined audit of processes and application systems.
- We would welcome the opportunity to make you a tailored offer.