IT10 ● IT Audit Essentials 𝒾𝓃sight
To be successful as an audit professional in any sector, you must be able to keep up and understand the changes in the world of information technology. The impact of information technology on business processes is increasing over the years as innovation progresses rapidly.
This course demystifies information and technology (I&T) by explaining the concepts and exposing the IT risks.
This course draws a picture of all key developments in information technology. After the course, you will be able to identify major risks in your IT environment and shape the required control measures. The course covers the following subjects:
- Information and technology : introduction, IT governance and frameworks e.g. COBIT
- IT challenges and risks: IT business risks and risk scenarios, end user computing risks
- IT controls : IT general controls and IT application controls, integrated audit
- IT planning & organisation: organisation structure, enterprise architecture, data management, third party management, innovation
- IT solution life cycle : project management and development life cycle
- IT operations: IT infrastructure, Network & client/server, ITIL service management : incident, request & change management, business continuity
- IT security : ISO 27001 information security, logical access controls, cybersecurity
At the end of each topic, a quiz is organised to challenge the participants on the knowledge of the topic.
- Internal auditors with an interest in IT Auditing and having basic computer skills;
- Internal controllers;
- Risk and compliance managers;
- IT professionals who want to learn about IT Auditing;
- Anyone interested in understanding IT risks and controls.
Basic knowledge of audit techniques.
Patrick Soenen, professional in risk management, audit and IT.
The standard training lasts 2 days and can of course be adapted to your requirements.
Have a look at our training calendar for the next training dates
- Continuing Professional Education : 14 CPE hours
- Course level: This course corresponds to level 2 "Understanding" on the 6 level scale of Bloom's taxonomy, a hierarchy used to classify educational levels.
- References: IIA Belgium, IFACI, Audit Vlaanderen.
- We can coach your staff in IT auditing.
- We would welcome the opportunity to make you a tailored offer.