Audit tools and techniques * ℗ractice
As an internal auditor, you want to gain efficiency, relevance and reliability in the development of your audit evidence. This is done by mastering the techniques and tools best suited to each stage of your audit assignments.
In this QAA course, based on the process of conducting an internal audit engagement, there is a presentation of the various tools available to auditors at each stage. Among them are tools to trace, confirm, analyse, observe, synthesize, and plan, etc.
The steps prior to data analysis, carried out using computer tools, are discussed. There is an opportunity to practise data analysis with MS Excel, including file management, data import/export, calculated fields, aggregations, crosstabs, ratios, trends, duplicates, table joins, and stratifications.
Participants master the different ways of using statistics and how to interpret the statistical results.
Advantages of the training
- a practical use sheet for each tool,
- concrete examples of the use of audit statistics,
- an Excel auxiliary tool for the composition of samples,
- practical computer applications using audit data.
- Novice internal auditors,
- Experienced internal auditors,
- IT/IS auditors,
- Internal Audit Managers,
- Internal controllers.
Participants must have basic skills in Excel and should have followed the training ‘Conduct an internal audit assignment’ (link) or know the methodology for internal audits.
Note: Participants must bring a laptop equipped with Excel 2010 (or later) to perform the exercises. Participants will not be asked to load any other software.
Monique Garsoux, internal audit professional and an expert in audit methodologies and techniques.
The standard course lasts 3 days and it can be tailored to your specific requirements.
- Continuing Professional Education: 21 CPE hours
- Course level: This course corresponds to level 3 "Applying" on the 6 level scale of Bloom's taxonomy, a hierarchy used to classify educational levels.
- References: IIA Belgium.
- We can coach your staff in mastering audit tools and techniques.
- We would welcome the opportunity to make you a tailored offer.