Audit of User Developed Applications ⦿𝒾𝓃sight
Every year billions are spent worldwide on application systems developed by business users. So 'User-Developed Applications' (UDAs) are essential in almost every organisation. Just think of spreadsheets or databases for calculating, organising or comparing data. Because UDAs are easy to develop, their use only increases. Yet these systems also come with risks, for example in areas like integrity, confidentiality and availability. This is because staff can often adapt and change these systems, without adhering to control measures.
It is important then to carry out regular audits on such systems and to integrate them into the internal audit plan of your organisation. Only in this way can you be sure that the UDAs used by staff are well developed and operate with the necessary controls.
This training gives you:
- guidelines on setting up an internal audit of UDAs;
- insight into the business risks of using UDAs;
- a guide to how the role of the internal auditor as a consultant can be used to help management develop an effective UDA control framework;
- an example of a UDA process flow, as well as an internal audit programme and supporting worksheets to help internal auditors organise and execute a UDA audit.
After the training, you will be able to recognise and tackle any risks that arise from a UDA, by doing a complete UDA audit.
Participants receive the relevant GTAG (Global Technology Audit Guide) publication free of charge.
- Business owners and management,
- IT auditors,
- Internal auditors,
- Information security and IT experts,
Monique Garsoux, internal audit professional and an expert in audit methodologies and techniques.
The standard course lasts 1 day and it can be tailored to your specific requirements.
- Continuing Professional Education: 7 CPE hours
- Course level : This course corresponds to level 2 "Understanding" on the 6 level scale of Bloom's taxonomy, a hierarchy used to classify educational levels.
- References: IIA Belgium.
- We can coach your staff in audit of UDAs.
- We would welcome the opportunity to make you a tailored offer.